Monday, July 13, 2009

Lake Redstone

So this weekend, I spent three nights on the banks of Lake Redstone near La Valle, Wisconsin. In case any of you missed me. Sorry. But 12-16 of my nearest and dearest accompanied me to the lower intestines of our bordering state to the north, for a stretch of bliss and debauchery that rivals I've been around. Good people. Good times. Good weather. Good food. Good scenery. Good memories. Good luck. So what were the highlights? What will I remember? What will I be forever indebted to my friends for experiencing with me from July 9th-11th? Well let's see what I actually do remember...

Morris' car ride up there: Morris, Nelli, and myself, the least amount of people in any car the first night, but probably had
the most fun. Karaoke like woah. Pink - Just Like A Pill. Circus.

The first night feeling of the crew without work on Friday: Ride the Bus. Beer pong. Wrestling. A picture of cooper on my shoulder. A mild case of the choke holds. A depletion of all the beverages we traveled with. Good night.

Bags: Started Friday and pretty much went the entire weekend. Three different people 'signed' the boards. RJ and Costy only lost two games on Friday. Cassie and Mallory trying to get off the beginner boards. Playing too late and starting too early.

The dock: Getting shoved, and in mid-air, snatching my cubs hat off and hurling it back over my head towards the dock, landing it perfectly and safely. Before Socki kicked it off. And before I stood up to a bloody nose. Running fly patterns and launching into the water to catch my perfectly thrown passes. And the pictures Whitney took of them. Someone sprinting full force towards the dock and biting it two steps onto the aluminum dock. Locked armed guys jumping backwards. Morris looking like he's walking on water. Gay fish.

The shenanigans of Friday late night: Welcoming two more members. I was around for some of it. Most of the rest was around for the rest. I don't think it's fair to get into any of the details, but for those who were around, I don't think the events will be forgotten anytime soon.

Welcoming the last two members of the gang. Not much of a story, just needed to make a mention.

The barrage of water balloons. Again, not much of a story. Just saying.

Offending our neighbors: Apparently the guy's 18 year old daughters were too young to hear swearing.

Kicking out the young ones: Even though Adam loved them and showed them a tour, the four 15 year old guys were just too young to allow around. Luckily we had Morris to regulate.

Mike Nelli and his outfit. Enough said.

But the one thing that I will remember the most is the night sky on Saturday night. Don't get me wrong, I love this city. I love Chicago and all it has to offer. But the glow of the city extinguishes the brilliance of a true night sky. Sprawled on the dock, gazing upward at an array of stars that I haven't seen in years. I was absolutely blown away at the vastness of starlight sky and the sheer crispness of every dot that encompassed me. It was awe-inspiring. It was on the verge of breath-taking.

And while the entire weekend was pretty much perfect, with lasting memories and closer friends, I can close my eyes and take myself back to that view, that moment, and be truly happy.


Thank you, to all my friends. It was truly an amazing weekend that will always live among the best memories of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment