Monday, July 20, 2009

North Avvestruck (Give it a Minute)

I helped out a friend tonight and played on his 4 v 4 sand volleyball team on North Avenue beach. We were slotted for the 7:30 time slot, and somewhere between the lake, the beach, the sky, and the skyline, I was caught between bliss and perfection. I don't care how many times I see this place, and how long I live here, there is something truly awe-inspiring about Chicago. Everyone should get a chance to experience it.

And somewhere between that thought, and my little cousin saying
"staying up late because i never want this day to end," I have a pretty heavyset appreciation for everything that life can be, which is sometimes overwhelming, but always finds a way to once in a while, leave you breathless.


Somehow I don't think exploring this topic will shed any more light on what I'm trying to say, so there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment