Monday, April 6, 2009

You Know Me All Too Well

I just realized why I started my last post, "Hand Up Mona Lisa's Skirt." Sometimes you don't always finish where you had planned. So let me do that now.

Do I give too much of myself away? Am I so easy to peg? This weekend, two different people sent me something that 'reminded them of me.' Reminded them of something I would say. Some way I would think. Something I would write or believe in or quote or enjoy. While the two sources of this 'reporting' were two people that at one point or another, knew me better than I know myself, it still got me thinking.

How many people out there know me so well because of how much I've given away? Has this exposure left me with no shield? Too vulnerable?

Strength, I fear, endures for only so long. Those who allow themselves to be stripped of defense get their strength tested more often than those that fly under the radar. Some would say, and I would hope, that frequent testing produces lasting reinforcement. But there's no proof. So how do I know when I will stop bouncing back?

No comments:

Post a Comment