Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Audience

Continuing to analyze my writing instead of actually having to write, I never really thought about my audience. For everything that piled, or didn't pile, in my previous online writing attempts, everything I did was trapped within the walls of bar-hopping photo albums and music inspired profiles. Never did I realize that I was unconsciously catering to my readers, finding my over-dramatic rants and stories contorting themselves to the rest of who are found in similar situations.

It is here that I realize that the affirmation I once saught was often nothing more than self-identification. Something I, in no way, am faulting. Most of the literature I am drawn to usually says what I'm thinking a little more impressively. But I fear that some of what I thought was mildly gripping writing may not have been anything more than something my peers were also going through.

I'm not sure if any of this is 'bad.' The writing i've accomplished, and it has been an accomplishment, over the last year or two, still holds a certain amount of aritistic freedom and personal interconnection. That being said, it was farther from writing than it was from keeping a creative diary. While fun and interesting, this new opportunity allows me to draft to a new audience by exploring the day to the night, the big to the small, from high to low and shore to pschorr.

Sorry, no picture of inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment