Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I am Libra, Hear Me.... Balance

Bear with me for a bit as I copy some quotes from a very reputable website in regards to my astrological sign, with my italics highlighting interesting notes:
  • They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them.
  • They do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident.
  • Their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.
  • Librans are sensitive to the needs of others.
  • They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity.
  • They have good perception and observation and their critical ability, with which they are able to view their own efforts as well as those of others, gives their work integrity.
  • In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship.
  • They can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia, seldom angry when circumstances demand a show of annoyance at least; and yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden storms of rage.
  • With their dislike of extremes they make good diplomats.

So should I put a little more stock in astrology? This is about half of the passage I was reading, but really, there are some pretty spot on descriptions of who I am and the way I live my life. And it's starting to make a little sense.

I mean, the symbol for Libra, the least cool of all the astrological signs, is a scale representing balance. How has no one pointed out the correlation between the scales of Libra, and everything I write in this damn thing. I can't get away from seeing balance, and the 'other' point of view, and maybe it's because the stars won't let me. Maybe the constellations are the ones that are force feeding thoughts through my mind. Or maybe the gravitational pull that the universe creates is what controls my mind to shove in thoughts that I didn't think I was thinking. Or something.

Maybe after all these years believing I was the navigator of my own accord, I was actually following a path that was laid out for me zillions of years ago. Is it possible that astrology can be responsible for who I am,
who I've become, and how I've gotten here? I didn't read any of the bull when I was younger, so it's not like I ended up shaping myself to become the words that I read so long ago, proving it to be right. So what's the explanation?

This might finally be my solution, my guiding light, my mentor that I always needed... I may be on the verge of something big here. After all, completely rejecting something based on principal alone isn't part of my personality tool box. Just ask my old friend carrying that scale. He knows what's up.

And who cares if I don't have a cool lion or scorpion to metaphorical represent my astrological identity. The balance scale is almost perfect enough for me to ignore my detestation of extremes and revel in my own starry image. How have I not noticed this before? This could be the breakthrough.

Or maybe I don't need to listen to incinerating masses of gas, most of which don't currently exist based on how long it takes for their light to reach us, that can supposedly determine who I should end up with, how I should feel, and how I should react to situations based on the month I was born.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I've ever known."

Not the combined effort of 35 stars hovering in the night sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment